56 years of German-American friendship
The city of RAMSTEIN-MIESENBACH is the administrative center of the Union Community of Ramstein-Miesenbach which, with its approx. 18,000 inhabitants, is the largest Union Community in Kaiserslautern County and which consists of the City of Ramstein-Miesenbach and the villages of Hütschen-hausen, Kottweiler-Schwanden, Niedermohr and Steinwenden.
RAMSTEIN-MIESENBACH has numerous commercial enterprises, state-of-the-art sports facilities, excellent medical care and a rich cultural life. The city has all levels of schools as well as a number of private clubs and organizations which offer every opportunity to recreational activities.
The “Haus des Bürgers” Ramstein’s cultural and community center, is host to numerous national and international stars every year. The facility is also suitable for conferences and meetings up to 800 people and houses the city library and the youth office.
The city museum, which is located in the old 1750 city hall, hosts a permanent collection of cultural items and regularly features special exhibits.
The AZUR Water World is one of the most popular attractions in the region and provides year-round indoor/outdoor recreation for people of all ages.
More than 60 private clubs, associations and organized groups host a variety of events throughout the year which greatly enhance the Community Association’s social, cultural and sportive life. With two carnival organizations, Ramstein-Miesenbach is considered the region’s carnival center. The highlight is the annual carnival parade which is held on Shrove Tuesday.
Ramstein Highlights in 2014:
You are very welcome!
- April 13 | 5 p.m.
- Classical Concert: “Haydn meets Dracula” *
- May 5 | 8 p.m.
- »MNOZIL BRASS« - 20 years anniversary concert *
- May 17 | 7 p.m.
- SPRING BALL of the Dancing Club Ramstein *
- June 19
- “Corpus Christi” celebration of the catholic parish with procession and observance
- July 11-12
- CITY ROCK in Ramstein, Live-Bands, open-air-stage
- September 20-23
- COUNTRY FAIR in Ramstein City with fairground on Ramstein market square
- October 5 | 10 a.m.– 6 p.m.
- FARMERS MARKET
- October 24-26
- OKTOBERFEST with Live-Bands – Bavarian festival tent
- October 25-26
- WENDELINUS-MARKET – big market of goods and commodities
- November 15-16
- Creative Arts Market *